[Edinburgh-pm] "barcamp scotland"

Rory Macdonald rory at employees.org
Thu Mar 1 16:17:02 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 12:13 +0000, Aaron Crane wrote:
> Nick Woolley writes:
> > I'm not entirely sure what this about, but I was humming and ha-ing
> > about going to see for myself.  It's this coming weekend.
> > http://barcamp.org/BarCampScotland

Lack of direction and too much fluff makes me think, "waste of time".
YMMV.

> I've also been humming and ha-ing about heading along, but part of the
> problem for me is that there's something else I probably ought to do
> that lasts a good chunk of Saturday afternoon.
>
> Anyone else interested in going?
>
> > http://thehighlandfling.com/2007/
> > a conference which I think costs real money, but they won't say how
> > much until you register. This combined with the uh, slick design,
> > managed to convince me it'd be too expensive for a git like me.

Its 125 of your hard earned. And from what I can see, you can garner the
'core' presentation content online without any problem. Just search for
"progressive enhancement" and "graded browser support".

If you decide to spend your employer's money on this one, then I'd raise
an eyebrow.

Rory