[Edinburgh-pm] "barcamp scotland"

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 04:13:22 PST 2007

Nick Woolley writes:
> I'm not entirely sure what this about, but I was humming and ha-ing
> about going to see for myself.  It's this coming weekend.
> http://barcamp.org/BarCampScotland

I've also been humming and ha-ing about heading along, but part of the
problem for me is that there's something else I probably ought to do
that lasts a good chunk of Saturday afternoon.

Anyone else interested in going?

> http://thehighlandfling.com/2007/
> a conference which I think costs real money, but they won't say how
> much until you register. This combined with the uh, slick design,
> managed to convince me it'd be too expensive for a git like me.

My normal assumption would be that any conference that doesn't tell you
the pricing is a scam of one form or another.  The Highland Fling site
doesn't scream "scam", so maybe not in this case.  But then again,
I note that Google doesn't seem to have heard of any previous instances
of this allegedly-annual conference.

--
Aaron Crane