[DFW.pm] CGI Web Socket

Jerry Kassebaum kassebaumj at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 14:13:51 PDT 2013

Could someone please give me  an HTML/JavaScript file and a Perl/CGI file to get me started with web sockets?

I'd suggest something like this. A Firefox tab and a Google Chrome tab each are open to the same HTML/JavaScript site. The site has three buttons. When I press any button in either browser it changes color PLUS sends a message to my server which in turn sends a message through the web socket so that the corresponding button in the other browser also changes color.

Thanks in advance! I'm willing to bribe with homebrew (mine) or homemade wine (my wife's) if that will help.

Jerry Kassebaum