[Cincinnati-pm] May cinci.pm status

Scott R. Corzine scott at ties.org
Fri May 8 21:12:08 PDT 2020

I think what most of us were talking about was all the stuff that goes
around a module more than the core of the perl module itself.  Jon, it
sounds like you're talking about a hackathon style session where we're
focused on collaboratively writing the core perl module itself, which is
also an idea I like if we can do it in our meeting timeframe (which is a
little more flexible when done remotely).

Why don't we do both: this month start that collaborative basic perl module
and next month do all of the bits and pieces around it needed to turn it
into a respectable perl module.  If there's interest, we could have a third
month session (not necessarily contiguous) where we go into writing tests
and setting up the glue for them to run in.

Those three wouldn't have to run in consecutive months, it would probably
be good to alternate them with other content anyway.  But we're always
looking for good content and this would take care of a quarter of the year
(or half of a half).

Thoughts?

-Scott-