[Cincinnati-pm] May cinci.pm status

Ernst, Kevin Kevin.Ernst at cchmc.org
Fri May 8 09:27:41 PDT 2020

Hi Jon,

Hope you're well.

I'm not a professional Perl developer by trade (just professionally-frustrated by Perl on a regular basis is all), so this might seem like a fatuous proposition to everyone else, but what would be immensely helpful for me is to see the process of creating a CPAN module in the first place.

I mean all the MakeMaker and the Dist::Zilla and the Makefile.PL stuff that always seemed like eldritch magical incantations to me.

I want to love Perl, and CPAN, but I think I don't "get" it, and watching someone proficient in the language and the surrounding toolchain would probably do a lot to ameliorate that situation.

—Kevin