[Chicago-talk] Teaching kids perl

Brian Mielke zelein at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:56:24 PDT 2016

Well for most kids (or even adults now) they’ve never used a command line before.  If your kids have not, you may want to do a Day 1 class to teach them command line stuff, listing directory contents, changing directory,... using a text editor to create, edit, and save a file.

Other classes that I can quickly think of include:

reading/writing a file in perl
commandline perl to reformat a file contents or processes output ( example would be extracting/removing a date string or file name from a log file’s contents )

-Brian