[Chicago-talk] Teaching kids perl

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:43:56 PDT 2016

I have a 10 year old and an 11 year old. I would like them to learn a
little perl and am trying to come up with a mini (30 day) perl course
designed for them that will make it fun. Something like Randal Schwartz
stroll thru perl from his Learning Perl book but eaiser. What I was
thinking was something like the following but I run out of ideas after
about 3 days. If anyone can help with more days worth of ideas I would be
grateful to here your suggestions.

Thanks

Day 1: Create a Hello World script.
Day 2: Make hello world script ask for users name capture it and respond
"Please to meet you "user".
Day 3: Ask user if they wan't to know the date and time and give it to them
if they type "y".
Day 4:
Day 5 ....