[Chicago-talk] Jobs page on chicago.pm.org

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:53:34 PST 2014

Every so often, someone asks me if I know anybody looking for Perl programmers, or if I know any Perl programmers looking for work. We've had employers, recruiters, and job-seekers visit the meetings. The other day, I had someone ask me something new: Did the Chicago Perl Mongers have any policy about posting job openings?

I don't know if we've had any policy, but I personally don't like unsolicited e-mails, so instead, like Joel's been asking, we've got a jobs page up on our website at http://chicago.pm.org/jobs <http://chicago.pm.org/jobs>

Right now, I'm just planning on hand-curating the entries. Just send me or Joel (he volunteered, honest) an e-mail and we'll put a post on the site. For now, unless and until I get complaints, I'll notify the list of any additions to that page.

So here's the first: An opening for a Senior Perl Developer: http://chicago.pm.org/jobs/2014-11-12-senior-perl-developer.html <http://chicago.pm.org/jobs/2014-11-12-senior-perl-developer.html>

If I ever move the site to Statocles, my Perl-based static site generator, we'll automatically get RSS feeds for these things, which I would prefer to spamming the list (especially if I'm the one doing it).

Doug Bell
madcityzen at gmail.com