[Chicago-talk] perl test harness failures

Whitney Jackson whjackson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:10:22 PST 2008

> Threading is usually a pain. Unless you need
> it try turning off threads also and see if that
> helps any other problems.

It turns out I need threads.

> Pretty old, so is your kernel. It might be worth
> upgrading this if you're interested in checking
> out software.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, this is a standard OS install where I work
(stodgy old financial institution...what're you gonna do?).  So I'm
stuck with it for the time being.

> In the meantime, try compiling the thing with
> '-O0' and see if the result changes.

Switching from -O2 to -O0 made the problem disappear.  Thanks for the
suggestion!  I'm going to experiment a little more with different
settings for this switch to find out what works and what doesn't.

Thanks again for the help!