[Chicago-talk] The bummer of split lists

Jim Thomason jim at jimandkoka.com
Mon Oct 8 17:16:36 PDT 2007

The concept that the list was split because there are two groups of
perl mongers was declared by fiat.

I don't see the point. Hell, even that breakdown is arbitrary and silly.

North side or south side?

Hell, north suburbs or south suburbs? I went to the get togethers in
Vernon Hills all the time 'cuz it was crazy convenient for me.
Wheaton? Not so much.

I mean, how many people are there on the list? The site lists 19
(unless I miscounted). Let's assume that that's wildly inaccurate and
only 1/3rd of the users registered. So we have 60 people. Hell, let's
say it's 100 people.

How many mailing lists do 100 people need to coordinate the same information?

I'm not going to subscribe to multiple local lists just to get
duplicate posts of the same messages, the same questions, and the same
events.

The split was silly.

-Jim.....