[Chicago-talk] Help on Email server

Brian Katzung briank at kappacs.com
Tue Jun 12 18:46:39 PDT 2007

Andy Lester wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2007, at 3:58 PM, tiger peng wrote:
>
>> I mean running sendmail. Their boxes do not accept the connection,
>> but I heard someone mentioned that there is a workarround and saw
>> his box sent cron warning messages.
>
> Then Google for the specific messages that you're having problems
> with.  Failing that, ask here, but I suspect some cursory research in
> Google will find the answer you're looking for.
>
> Also, if you're doing this from scratch, I would recommend that you
> NOT use sendmail, but use something like Postfix instead.

I've used sendmail extensively and postfix a little but my current
preference is Exim. It could just be me, but I've personally found it to
be more administrator-friendly in terms of testing configurations,
generally "seeing into the system", etc. than postfix.

Just another option. YMMV

--
Brian Katzung
Kappa Computer Solutions, LLC