[Chicago-talk] I want to evangelize

Jim Thomason thomasoniii at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:30:28 PST 2005

>If they're looking for something
> useful just to build a small app or web site, I highly recommend either HTML::Template
> or Template Toolkit.

Of course, Template::Toolkit is also big, bloated, and complicated.
Plus it introduces the need to learn a whole new language (albeit a
simple one) in order to develop your templates, as opposed to Mason
which just lets you write 'em in Perl. That's a concern depending upon
your audience.

The complexity of any open source project tends to approach infinity
given enough time. Eventually, people drop out of projects, other
people come in, directions change, something else seems cool, stuff
gets grafted in, and it becomes huge.

-Jim.....