[Chicago-talk] I want to evangelize

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Mon Mar 28 11:16:25 PST 2005

>   Why not Mason?

A lot of reasons, some personal, some technical.

Personally I hate server page languages. I believe in true seperation of presentation
and logic.

Personal feelings aside though, Mason is big, bloated, and complicated. Most people have
no need for a system as big as that, and if they do, they should probably look at one of
the 300+ content management systems on the market. If they're looking for something
useful just to build a small app or web site, I highly recommend either HTML::Template
or Template Toolkit.

JT ~ Plain Black
ph: 703-286-2525 ext. 810
fax: 312-264-5382
http://www.plainblack.com

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.