[Chicago-talk] How reliable is UDP.

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Tue Jul 12 07:28:00 PDT 2005

No one can tell you this number because it depends on all sorts of network conditions.
By definition UDP is not reliable and should only be used for high speed broadcasts such
as in online gaming.

If you're really sending small amounts of data over a lan, I'd stick with something more
reliable than UDP.