[Chicago-talk] HTML::Tree dependencies

Leland Johnson easyasy2k at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 22:43:14 CDT 2004

Sounds like a good idea. I'm pretty sure that Sean would be open to us
working on HTML::Tagset. HTML::Parser is an entirely different issue.

We should be able to talk to the author (Gisle Aas) pretty easily,
since Sean said he was going to talk to him about
http://phalanx.kwiki.org/index.cgi?HTMLTreeNestedComments

However, HTML::Parser contains C code and has 42 test files as it is.
That said, it adds up to 85% coverage as of 3.36, so that's not too
bad. (though it did through some warnings on malformed unicode
character on my powerbook just now). The other modules actually seem
like adding tests wouldn't be an absurdly hard task.

HTML::Entities and HTML::PullParser are the least tested modules in
the distribution and a few simple (looking) sub could be covered
easily I think.

Of, and the piranha idea is great, but getting a picture would be
hard. This isn't Perl Mongers and Graphic Designers. At least, I don't
think so.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:53:27 -0500, Jon Amundsen
<jamundsen at jamundsen.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I would like to propose that Chicago-PM take on the dependencies of HTML::TreeBuilder as part of our phalanx adopt a module project.  HTML::Parser and HTML::Tagset are both high on the phalanx 100.  Sean Burke is also the author of HTML::Tagset.
>
> Since my last suggestion(piranha mascot) went over like a lead balloon I'm hoping someone responds to this.  Andy,  if there is general aggreement can you coordinate?  I'd be happy to help although the backend process(svn, etc...) doesn't seem to be documented...  Let me know what I can do.
>
> --
>
> Jon Amundsen
> jamundsen at jamundsen.dyndns.org
>
> A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a
> "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
>                 -- Mahatma Gandhi

Leland Johnson
http://protoplasmic.org