[Chicago-talk] straw poll

Steven Lembark lembark at jeeves.wrkhors.com
Thu Sep 11 08:04:23 CDT 2003

--On Thursday, September 11, 2003 01:24:12 -0500 Mike Fragassi
<frag at ripco.com> wrote:

> OK, let's sample some opinion.  Please email the list (or me personally,
> if you're shy -- though you needn't be, really!) with your predelicitions
> concerning these questions:
>
> 1) are weekend afternoons (once a month) worse or better meeting times for
> you than the current scheme of Monday evenings?

I will probably never show up for a weekend meeting.

> 2) would you come to perl presentations (ie, someone giving a structured
> talk, as we've been doing the last few months) once a month even if the
> atmosphere was more formal -- ie, in an office building instead of a bar,
> no beer, no food (unless someone brings chips or donuts), etc.?
> I.e., is the beer-factor *that* necessary?

Depends heavily on where it is. If people prefer talks in a more formal
atmosphere then the Perl SIG at COD is also available.

> 3) are you at *all* interested in social meetings?  That is, if we
> bothered to set up 2 meetings a month, one for "tech" (i.e., the
> semi-formal tutorial presentation), and one for "social" (in a bar, with
> anything goes) -- would you be at all interested in the latter, or would
> the former do it for you for the month?  Or vice versa?

Unlikely.

--
Steven Lembark                                            2930 W. Palmer
Workhorse Computing                                    Chicago, IL 60647