[Chicago-talk] help with Reg Exp, pls...

Jim Thomason jthomasoniii at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 11:48:28 CST 2003

Unless I'm missing something, a little bit more
information would be useful. For instance, what sorts
of data should you be matching? How does it need to
look?

As is, a regex that matches all of those strings is as
simple as m/./  :)

But that's probably not terribly useful to you. So how
-should- these names look, and then we can probably
help out a bit more.

(incidentally, it's also entirely possible that
there's a CPAN module to do name validation, so it
might also be good to look there)