[CMI.PM] [Fwd: [pm_groups] Perl Monger t-shirts! I'm gatheringorders now.]

Jay A. Kreibich jak at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 10 12:12:37 PDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 12:28:16PM -0500, Chris Fields scratched on the wall:
> The book isn't accessible through U of I's Safari subscription.  Actually,
> nothing Perl-specific published past October 2003 is!  I made a request for
> several books to be added but they, seemingly, haven't bothered to add them.

  A few years back when I was more involved with the company, one of
  the benefits of publishing a book with O'Reilly (besides the
  extremely coveted "O'Reilly Author" baseball cap) was a life-time
  Safari subscription that included all O'Reilly/Safari books.

  Too bad I think the interface sucks.  I understand their desire to
  make it difficult to download a book, but I find it very very hard to
  search and read stuff through Safari.

   -j

--
                     Jay A. Kreibich | CommTech, Emrg Net Tech Svcs
                        jak at uiuc.edu | Campus IT & Edu Svcs