CGI Timeout

Terrential me at terrential.com
Mon Nov 19 09:06:23 CST 2001

right it seems that I may have caused a bit if confusion with my questions,
I have this product called UBB, its a message board [commercial product
http://www.infopop.com] for the email features it requires an smtp mail
server to send mail, but anyone using fasthosts internet would know that
they don't have outgoing mail servers, only incoming.  so what I've had to
do is set up a unix server that allows relays for this specific IP address.
so now my UBB [on iis 5 win2k] can send emails courtesy of my unix server
located elsewhere in the UK.  problem is that it takes a while for the perl
script process to connect to the unix server send the mails and then get
back.. thats what causes the timeout.  I want to stop the server from timing
out.  any ideas??

Sorry for the repetition...

Terry.

---
Terry at tek2.com
http://new.media.by.tek2.com
---
The views expressed are not necessarily those of TEK2.