CGI Timeout

Terrential me at terrential.com
Mon Nov 19 09:00:49 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Rushe <steve-pmbelfast at blackstar.co.uk>
To: <belfast-pm at pm.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: CGI Timeout

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:56:14PM +0000, Stray Toaster wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:36:05PM -0000, Terrential wrote:
> > > Hello all.
> > > I'm new to the list and Perl, but i need some advice.
> > > is there a way that I can set the timeout length of a cgi in like 1
line of
> > > code?
> >
> > Not entirely sure what you mean here. Could it be a server setting? Is
> > this one line of code doing something odd? Is it taking so long that you
> > want to ignore the timeout-ing?
>
> What Marc really meant to say was "Hello, welcome to the list"!
>
> It does sound like it's a server setting rather than a script one. If
> the script is timing out then you'll probably need to change the server
> settings, or, more likely, speed up the script. Before everyone else
> jumps in here, I'll recite the mantra, "use strict and turn warnings
> on"!

Thanks for the welcome.  y'see the problem with this script is that its UBB,
and is a commercial grade product, and its in version 6, so speeding up the
script isn't really an option, as then I'd void any support that Infopop
would be able to give me.  Anyone know how to set the timeout value of a
script on iis 5 win2k active state perl5 without telnet??

Terrential.