CGI Timeout

Steve Rushe steve-pmbelfast at blackstar.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 07:59:53 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:56:14PM +0000, Stray Toaster wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:36:05PM -0000, Terrential wrote:
> > Hello all.
> > I'm new to the list and Perl, but i need some advice.
> > is there a way that I can set the timeout length of a cgi in like 1 line of
> > code?
>
> Not entirely sure what you mean here. Could it be a server setting? Is
> this one line of code doing something odd? Is it taking so long that you
> want to ignore the timeout-ing?

What Marc really meant to say was "Hello, welcome to the list"!

It does sound like it's a server setting rather than a script one. If
the script is timing out then you'll probably need to change the server
settings, or, more likely, speed up the script. Before everyone else
jumps in here, I'll recite the mantra, "use strict and turn warnings
on"!

Welcome by the way
Steve

--
Steve Rushe - www.deeden.co.uk

Space is cold, home is colder when you come home at night
and there's nobody here.               - The All Seeing I