APM: meetings leading up to YAPC

Todd Rinaldo toddr at cpanel.net
Tue Feb 12 17:30:28 PST 2013

On Feb 12, 2013, at 7:12 PM, Keith Howanitz <howanitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we should not try to have some regular meetings between
> now and YAPC, with a push to outreach to new members....
>
> I remember that Patrick R. Michaud offered to come down and talk about
> Perl 6, and I am sure there are other speakers and topics that might
> be of general interest. Maybe it would also be good to try to have a
> meeting on or near UT with the right kind of promotion - I think I
> remember some students asking about possible meetings in the not too
> distant past. Anyone on the list that could post a flyer on campus?
> FWIW….

In addition to computing degrees, Perl is popular in most engineering degrees, and then bioperl is it's own beast. What would be good would be to get some professors promoting the event sometime this semester. cPanel can help work up a flyer if you would like to help out.

Any takers for campus faculty duty?

Todd