APM: Fwd: UNS: Beginning perl need some guidance

Jack Lupton jacklupton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:56:21 PST 2012

Yaakov,

Thank you. I stand corrected.

I mentioned to someone not long ago that I could not find #perl-help. I
told him I used #perl when I needed help. He stated emphatically that one
should never, ever ask for help in #perl.  After a lengthy and somewhat
strained conversation I determined that he had never heard of freenode and
was unaware that its #perl was different that the MagNet. Conversely, at
the time I had never heard of MagNet. Now I use them both. And by the grace
of a very good friend - I am able to keep the irssi connection alive
through a screen session on his server. I may be wrong, but it seems like
#perl-help on MagNet is a little more helpful to beginners. And this
screen/irssi setup is pretty great.

Jack