APM: Q from APM last night..."How to run a personal site w/o hosting?"

Mike South msouth at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:50:59 PDT 2009

I wasn't there for the meeting, but I have been in the situation where
1) I have an idea I want to try out
2) I don't have any idea how much traffic it will generate
3) I don't want to commit to even five dollars a month (since that rate will
sit there and add up, etc)

There is a business called Nearly Free Speech.Net (
https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/ ) that changes you by the amount you store
and the amount of bandwidth they serve for you, and it's very inexpensive.
 You can use foo.nfsnet.net or something if you don't want to have your own
domain, or you can get your own domain and they will serve off of that.

Anyway, it's an option that might match whatever it was that whoever it was
wanted :).

mike

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM,
<apthorpe+pm at cynistar.net<apthorpe%2Bpm at cynistar.net>