APM: Unsubscribe me now, please!

David Maynard dmaynard at outserv.net
Thu May 14 12:43:00 PDT 2009

To be fair to LHoberman, the footer is not easily visible in most of the
lists posts if you use Outlook.  Taylor's message is the first one in a
long time where the footer has been visible for me.

If a message starts in MIME format, Mailman doen't want to muck it up so
it adds the footer as an attachment.  On the previous list message, that
attachment was named ATT201662.txt.  Sure enough, if I open that
attachment, the footer with subscription instructions is there.  I
wouldn't have thought to look there and I've even seen the "problem"
before as a Mailman administrator.  (There is an unsupported patch to
Mailman that usually works, but it can mangle messages in boundary
cases, so it will probably never be integrated.)

-dpm

Caveat:  I'm a few versions behind on my Mailman knowledge, so they may
have done something to improve things in the latest versions.

--
 David P Maynard, www.outserv.net
 Email: dmaynard at outserv.net, Tel: +1 512 977-8918, Fax: +1 512 853-9476