APM: January meeting

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Wed Jan 7 14:37:15 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 01:59:42AM -0600, James Choate wrote:
> ps What is the topic for this months meeting anyway?

Good question!  Another one is where and when are we meeting.
As the newly suckered^Welected president, I guess I should
answer them, or something.  We've traditionally met on the third
Wednesday of the month.  Unless there is overwhelming
opposition, I say we stick with that.

As for the venue, Mangia at Gracy Farm worked well in the past.
The room is free as long as people eat some pizza.  Genuine
Joe's was nice, but someone will have to buy a lot of coffee
with gift cards if we go that route.  What would really be nice
is for some organization to let us borrow some space -
especially if it includes the use of a projector and wifi - for
the meetings.  Any ideas?

And as for the topic - Is anyone just dieing to present on
something in particular?  I'll admit that my main interest in
Perl is Perl 6, and I've tended to do a talk once a year or so
on the state thereof.  I'd be happy to do that once again if
need be.  Other suggestions?

--
    - Ian.