APM: Schneier on Security - Here Comes Everybody (Coase's Theorem)

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at io.com
Fri Jan 2 17:38:07 PST 2009

At 09:51 AM 1/2/2009, jameschoate at austin.rr.com wrote:

>http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/11/here_comes_ever.html

Drat.  It's the nature of following links that you are presented with
"new! must have!" quandaries.

In one of the reader reviews of "Here Comes Everybody: The Power of
Organizing Without Organizations"  by Clay Shirky, somebody says
their notes about the book included
       "+ Excellent account of how Perl beat out C++ "

I suppose now I'll have to buy the book... just to see what they're on about.

Ahhh, "search inside book" ...

BTW: Is it a "good thing" when the comments to a blog are 4 times
longer than the original posting?  How about when that includes
_only_ one troll?

--
I'm a pessimist about probabilities; I'm an optimist about possibilities.
     Lewis Mumford  (1895-1990)