APM: November Meeting Wednesday

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Mon Nov 15 08:40:01 CST 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 08:12:31PM -0600, David Bluestein II wrote:

> Ian is presenting on Maypole (I think that is what it is) at
> ARL, 7:00. Dinner at 5:45 at Pok-e Jo's Arboretum. We'll also
> review our schedule for the next few months, as we have 3
> presentations lined up for the new year.

Unfortunately, a group with more clout than I have usurped the
auditorium for next Wednesday.  Some all-day deal, apparently.
I'm really sorry for such short notice.  I guess we could try to
move the meeting to Servergraph, or...

> As an alternate to post-meeting, Alamo Drafthouse downtown
> (www.alamodrafthouse.com) is showing "Uber Goober", which is a
> documentary about "gamers" (Dungeons and Dragons type) at 9:45
> pm. any interest from the group as a post meeting event? Let
> me know and I'll check on tickets.

This is also showing at 7:00.  We could just make that the
meeting.  I'd like to see it, and that way we wouldn't need to
stay up past bedtime.  And it would give me several months to
procrastinate on the Maypole talk. :)

--
Go banana!