APM: Good text editor comparable to BBedit

Randall Hennig randysleek at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:01:58 CST 2003

I'm looking for a good text editor with an interface and functionality
comparable to BBedit.
TextEdit is not even marginal IMO.  I would like something that works on
Windows, Linux, or BSD (non OS X), or just *nix in general.

All of our Macs are going away because they have been costly, and the
alternatives are just too cheap to pass up.  But we still need something
that can do powerful search/replace jobs for us and I have not found
anything that I like.

Perl is fine for repeatable things IMO, but for quick things, or editing
lots of files continously, inspecting them for errors/anomolies and then
editing them again and again, a nice interface would be really handy.

Thanks,

Randy