APM: FYI - latest DBI ___BREAKS___ your DBI programs

Wayne Walker wwalker at broadq.com
Sun Aug 10 18:20:52 CDT 2003

If you use:

fetchall_hashref

the next time you update DBI, your code will be broken.

I'm guilty of just upgrading sometimes without reading the README and
CHANGELOG files.  I know I'm the only one here that would ever do
something like that, but thought I'd pass along what I learned due to my
stupidity.

This URL,

http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00033.html1

yields the following info...

To get previous selectall_hashref() behaviour (an array of hash refs)
    change $ary_ref = $dbh->selectall_hashref( $statement, undef,
@bind);
        to $ary_ref = $dbh->selectall_arrayref($statement, { Columns=>{}
},
@bind);

--

Wayne Walker