Things I do With Perl

Arthur Corliss corliss at sinbad.net
Tue Mar 9 20:02:13 CST 1999

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Kevin Creason wrote:

> I've used perl to access Postgresql, MySQL, and Solaris system functions
> like useradd, passwd, create guestbooks, information forms, allow users
> to update mailing info, change password, etc, etc.  I created a little
> utility to add to server-parsed web pages to log visitors, where they
> came from, referrals and things.  It was easier than parsing out the
> Apache log files and distributing them to users interested in such
> statistics.

Hey, check out Analog, it's a superb log parsing tool (written in C).

I think we've discussed the MySQL thing before, weren't you the one that had
data sets upward of a gig being processed?  Looks like I'll be talking to you
on the DBI thing.  ;-)

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/