UNSUBSCRIBE!!!! *grin*

Packy Anderson yapc at packy.org
Mon Apr 11 05:12:08 PDT 2016

The belief stems (I believe) from the idea that the list membership is
managed MANUALLY. I believe this because it very closely resembles the
recipients: all it takes is for one person to not get the message, and then
reply to an earlier message in the thread, and a recipient who was removed
from a thread is quietly added back.

People who might, under normal circumstances, understand that the list is
managed by software, revert to the more "primal" understanding of "reply
all" when they're angry or stressed and not thinking clearly.

Of course, this is all armchair psychoanalysis. The truth may be completely
different.