arrival dinner idea

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Tue May 19 11:35:34 PDT 2015

On Tue, 19 May 2015, Uri Guttman via yapc wrote:

> the first arrival dinner i attended was in pittsburgh but it wasn't labeled
> as such or announced in general. i first organized one (impromptu) at boca
> raton (an all you can eat sushi place - what year was that?). i have
> organized them many of the years since then. sometimes with help from the
> yapc team, sometimes like this at the last second. and i have no problem with
> dave's anti-arrival gang and attendees can do whatever they want sunday
> night.

Yes, the reason for the anti-dinner is as much about the size of the group
as it is the venue. That said, I like picking where I'm going to eat,
because I'm a huge food snob. The "anti-" has always been a joke, and is
not intended to reflect any actual opposition to the arrival dinner. If
people really dislike it, I'm happy to rename to the wiki page. Maybe we
can call it AltArrivalDinner or something like that?

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)