perl jobs symposium

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Wed May 13 14:01:22 PDT 2015

hi all,

damn, this list is quiet this year!

anyhow, the perl jobs bof i have led the last 3 yapc::na's is no more.
but it has been promoted to the perl jobs symposium!! :)

note that the bof started in madison with about 10 attendees and last
year in orlando we have close to 30. it is too large for a bof so it
will be on the schedule as a symposium. it will be held on wednesday at
lunch in one of the conference rooms. food and drink will NOT be
provided so grab something and drop on by. if some company wants to
sponsor it, that would be cool. i can order pizza or similar but last
year we had way too many attendees for what i ordered. it would have to
be better organized this year if we want that.

also i am looking for an HR person and a hiring manager to be on the
panel. i will represent the agency side of things.

as with the bof, the goal is to educate attendees on how to do better in
the perl jobs market. this includes tips on resumes and interviews, Q&A
with the panel, good or bad stories to share, etc.

reply to the list with anything such as interest in attending, being on
the panel, sponsorship or whatever. i don't do facebook or twitter so
email is it for me! :)

thanx,