[yapc] Missing subcribers

JT Smith admin at yapcna.org
Fri May 25 14:09:18 PDT 2012

First, let me address the issue of keeping our attendees informed.  I will be sending a personal email to each letting them know about this list, the blog, and important activities like game night and the (anti)arrival dinner.  From there they can choose what mechanism they wish to use to keep up to date for the next 2-3 weeks until the conference.

Second, it is simply untrue that every YAPC has subscribed their attendees to this list. I've been to at least six YAPC's and I didn't know about this list until December of 2011.

Third, YAPC organizers have been doing a tremendous job running YAPC's for over a decade, and they do this despite self-important grandstanding like has gone on in this thread, not because of it. I have listened to your feedback, assimilated it, and made a decision not to subscribe the attendees to this list. It is my decision to make, because The Perl Foundation chose me to run this conference. If you wish to make these decisions, The Perl Foundation is still looking for someone to run YAPC::NA next year, submit an application: http://news.perlfoundation.org/2012/04/yapcna-2013-call-for-venue.html

JT Smith
Director, YAPC::NA 2012
http://www.yapcna.org

PS