[yapc] Pre-conference dinner, Sunday June 26

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Fri Jun 24 14:16:04 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 09:55:35PM -0400, James E Keenan wrote:
> On 6/15/11 8:14 PM, Chris Prather wrote:
> >On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM, James E Keenan<jkeen at verizon.net>  wrote:
>

> >The LAB, Jack of Green (which serves vegan food) and a few other
> >places in town could probably accomodate that many people. How formal
> >are people looking for here? I'm under the impression that they're
> >fairly informal affairs.
>
> Based on our past experiences, I have placed links to two brewpubs,
> Lexington Ave Brewery and Green Man Brewery on this wiki page:
> http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=ArrivalDinner
>
> You can also sign up to participate on that page, while you can sign
> up for Anti-Arrivals here:
> http://www.yapc2011.us/yn2011/wiki?node=AntiArrivalDinner
>
> (Jack of Green described itself as "cozy," which probably means it's
> too small for our purposes.  Also, they have Irish music at that
> time on Sundays and we're probably too loud for that.)

Looking at their gallery and at the list of people that have signed up
for the arrival dinner, I don't think it would be too small. I am also
of the opinion that in a pub venue, the musicians are probably used to a
loud audience. :-) Given all that, I've added it to the possibilities
listed on the wiki page for the arrival dinner. Doesn't mean we have to
go there, but it's yet another option.

In the meantime, it's now the Friday before the conference and there
doesn't seem to have been a decision made on what to do about the
dinner. Is anyone interested in going to the dinner going to be in
Asheville today or tomorrow who might want to go give the options a
once-over to see if any of them look better or worse than the others? If
so, maybe that would sway us one way or the other.

Anyway, I'm going to be arriving mid-afternoon on sunday, so I look
forward to seeing you all and getting something to eat. :-)

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
And, I also forgot to mention that P[ower]P[uff]G[irls] kick serious