[yapc] arrival dinner voting

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Wed Jun 14 19:24:56 PDT 2006

Uri spake:

> and if you are a cheap bastard  :) you can join the growing contigent at
> the anti arrival dinner. some thought i would be upset about it and
> actually i support it. this is an optional social event so do whatever
> you want. hell, all of yapc is optional so go for it. but considering
> that the expenses for yapc will be in the $100's for most attendees
> (adding in conference fees, travel, dorm, other food), $30 more isn't
> too much IMO :).

The money wasn't the issue, it's the "party-platter" approach that bugged me.
I thought $30 for food I really didn't care to nibble on just wasn't what I
wanted to do, relatively speaking.

Thanks for not flaming me out of existence, by the way :-)

> 	http://yapcchicago.org/wiki/index.cgi?AntiArrivalDinner
> you could even go to the same place as the arrival dinner and just get a
> table and order from the menu.

Now that's an excellent idea! Lemme go look at the whole menu, maybe the rebel
group will agree to "crash" the real dinner.

Joey Kelly

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?