[yapc] More on Power Plugs (and adaptors)

José Castro jac at natura.di.uminho.pt
Thu Jun 23 09:36:43 PDT 2005

* Walt Mankowski (waltman at pobox.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:50:53AM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > Also check and see what plug you need. Most 
> > laptop adapters I've seen have a detachable power 
> > cord that plugs into the transformer brick, with 
> > the national power plug on one end and on the 
> > other's a universal two-lobed plug and socket 
> > thing. I know Radio Shack in the US sells a 
> > universal adapter kit for these things that has a 
> > set of plugs on one end and that generic 
> > two-lobed thing on the other. If that's the case 
> > you may have a lot more options, since you may be 
> > able to trade spare cords or plugs with someone.
> My powerbook's power brick says it can handle 100-240 volts, so it
> should be able to handle either North American or European power.
> Chances are whatever laptop you have is similar.


> In that case all you
> need is an adaptor to fit the different shaped plugs.  I've got a set
> which I'll be happy to bring with me.

Please do.

> I'm arriving Saturday evening,
> though I'm going to the Argonauts game so I probably won't be at the
> hotel much until later in the evening.

Well wouldn't you know... I'm going to the Argonauts game too! I guess
we'll meet up there :-)



Jose Alves de Castro <cog at cpan.org>

More information about the yapc mailing list