[yapc] More on Power Plugs (and adaptors)

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Thu Jun 23 09:18:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:50:53AM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Also check and see what plug you need. Most 
> laptop adapters I've seen have a detachable power 
> cord that plugs into the transformer brick, with 
> the national power plug on one end and on the 
> other's a universal two-lobed plug and socket 
> thing. I know Radio Shack in the US sells a 
> universal adapter kit for these things that has a 
> set of plugs on one end and that generic 
> two-lobed thing on the other. If that's the case 
> you may have a lot more options, since you may be 
> able to trade spare cords or plugs with someone.

My powerbook's power brick says it can handle 100-240 volts, so it
should be able to handle either North American or European power.
Chances are whatever laptop you have is similar.  In that case all you
need is an adaptor to fit the different shaped plugs.  I've got a set
which I'll be happy to bring with me.  I'm arriving Saturday evening,
though I'm going to the Argonauts game so I probably won't be at the
hotel much until later in the evening.

If you can't wait that long, well, Toronto's a big, international
city, and I doubt you'd have much trouble finding them in any radio
shack or travel store downtown.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mail.pm.org/mailman/private/yapc/attachments/20050623/d4606f67/attachment.bin

More information about the yapc mailing list