[Yapc-na-organizers] Sponsorship prospectus
Daniel J. Wright
Dan at DWright.Org
Thu Oct 30 07:16:17 PDT 2008
I'm working on a prospectus for potential YAPC::NA::09 sponsors. I'm
looking for any of the following:
* Documents used in past years.
* Things that people wish they had done.
* Suggestions on items that might be attractive to sponsors which we might
be able to offer.
* Stock text regarding Perl and YAPC that would appeal to potential sponsors.
I realize that not all potential sponsors are looking for the same thing.
So, there needs to be a balance between brevity and appealing to as many
groups as possible. I think there's basically 4 categories of sponsors:
1. Philanthropists: Sponsors that just want to help Perl. Maybe they use
it a lot and realize giving back to the community helps them in the long
run. This group is perhaps the hardest to appeal to, but the easiest to
2. Advertisers: The most important thing to these people is getting their
name out there in as many ways possible.
3. Recruiters: These people are hiring. They need programmers and are
hoping that their money gets them some good leads on potential new hires.
4. All/None of the above: Some mixture of the above plus some other
undefined quality that I'm missing.
All input appreciated.
More information about the YAPC-NA-organizers