[Yapc-na-organizers] Lightning Talk technology for YAPC and maybe PPW?

Daniel J. Wright Dan at DWright.Org
Sat Jun 28 09:17:40 PDT 2008

I like the idea of one laptop also.  But I think that no matter what you
do, there will always be somebody that wants/needs to use their own
machine for one reason or another.

I am in favor of a two part solution:

1) Give people an opportunity to test / set-up their equipment ahead of time.

2) Start timing people from the moment the gong rings from the previous
speaker.   If you spend 3 minutes setting up your laptop, then you've got
2 minutes left to speak.

Basically:  Make the easy thing easy, the hard thing possible, and provide
some motivation to do what is easy.

-Dan