[Yapc-na-organizers] Corporate Pricing

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Thu Jun 26 19:17:35 PDT 2008

Just how much are "professional conferences"?  It is a little hard to
compare but here are some examples I found.

JavaOne: http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf/registration.jsp about
$2,490.00 to $1,695.00.

OSCON: https://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/register$1345.00 to
$1990.00.

SEPG 2006:http://web.archive.org/web/20060206175652/www.sei.cmu.edu/sepg/register.html
  $1,245

This year YAPC was $100.00 and if you took classes it was an
additional $200.00 so YAPC is about $300.00.

I am tried to find prices that would be comparable to each other.  I
am providing links for you to make your own judgments but my take away
from this is that the perception of a Professional Conference is over
$1000.00.  This means we would need to add $700.00 to the YAPC price
to make it "Professional".  I am very concerned about that.

But maybe someone has a better analysis.

I don't mean to sound negative about this at all.  I am looking for a
good solution to help everyone come to YAPC.

Thanks
Robert