[Yapc-na-organizers] Corporate Pricing

Bob Clancy bob.clancy at verizon.net
Thu Jun 26 15:31:27 PDT 2008

I think someone needs to do a post-mortem of the past few YAPCs and
explain what the problem is and why some are suggesting changes.  My
understanding is that YAPC attendance has been consistently increasing,
so attracing attendees is probably not the problem.

One problem we had in our Boston.pm bids has been that the venue costs
more.  Increasing the cost would help cities like Boston/Cambridge to
compete in YAPC bids.  Other areas where more revenue might help could
be providing more financial support to presenters and/or recording
talks.

Personally, I suspect there are a lot of other ways to improve the
conference.  Soliciting, collecting, and analyzing feedback from
attendees and potential attendees might be a fruitful thing to do.
Sharing what you have already learned here would be a first step.  We
should focus on what content will be valuable to potential attendees
before considering any change in pricing structure.

thanks,
--
Bob Clancy