[Yapc-na-organizers] Corporate Pricing

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Thu Jun 26 14:58:17 PDT 2008

So in addition to planning YAPC::NA 2009 I am working on the
Pittsburgh Perl Workshop 2008.  Something that was discussed at YAPC
this year was having a corporate pricing model in addition to the low
cost price.  The problem I understand that this would try to solve is
the perception that YAPC has little value because it has a little
price.  If this is a real problem for YAPC then I think it will also
be one for PPW.

Has anyone already given this some thought that they could share?  Do
have any idea of how many people corporate pricing would help?

I have no interest in offering a cooperate rate without giving extra
perks.  I am just not clear what the perks should be yet.

I am also concerned about this strategy.  Do we make it really
expensive in the thousands like some other corporate conferences?
That seems very extreme.  But raising it just a few hundred dollars
does not seem like it would help to add more perceived value as it
would still be inexpensive.

Thanks
Robert Blackwell