[Yapc-na-organizers] [Fwd: RE: Housing requirements for June 2009 event.]

Daniel J. Wright Dan at DWright.Org
Mon Jun 23 11:12:44 PDT 2008

Question #2

I'm actually already overdue on letting CMU know how many dorm rooms we
need for next summer.

If you look below, you will see that we currently have 87 rooms available,
which will hold a max 147 (but of course each double room isn't
necessarily going to be holding two people)

Looking at the numbers from the previous Chicago YAPC (even further
below), we used 147 rooms to house 168 people.   So, obviously, I'm going
to have go beg CMU for some more rooms, but I'm curious how many total I
should be asking for on each day?   Do we have updated numbers from this
year yet?

One thing to our advantage is that there are plenty of nearby hotels that
really aren't that much more expensive than the dorm rooms, and they all
offer free shuttle service to CMU.