[Yapc-na-organizers] Tasks

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Sep 17 08:11:42 PDT 2006

I've been thinking about what needs to be done to get YAPC::NA completed and
realized that we have a few issues we need to get done before too much longer.

1. List of tasks to complete

   I kind of have a fuzzy sense of things that we need to do, but I don't feel
   like we've identified the most important tasks or tasks that we can't
   forget if we want to pull this off.

2. Identify responsibilities

   We can't really assign responsibilities, since this will be a
   volunteer-based effort. But we need people to accept responsibility for
   certain aspects of the work so we know who to contact to see where things
   stand. This depends a lot on

3. Getting volunteers

   How do we want to begin the effort of bringing in volunteers to work with
   us on organizing the conference?

I know Jeremy has been doing a lot of work and getting lots of important stuff
done. At present, I'm not really sure where I could help. I know that it is
quite possible to jump in to help and slow down the work Jeremy is doing.

A great example of why we need responsibilities laid out is sponsorship. We
already have a couple of companies asking to sponsor and I don't have a clue
who they should talk to or what the procedure is for setting up a sponsorship.

Do we need to have one of us volunteer to start listing the tasks and
coordinating (kind of doing project management)? Is there some other way we
can keep things from falling through the cracks?

G. Wade