[Tallahassee-pm] By way of introduction...

Tillman, James JamesTillman at fdle.state.fl.us
Mon Jun 30 07:27:42 CDT 2003

Hi, Rebekah.  Welcome to the group.  There are actually several of us on
this mailing list, with varying levels of experience and interest in Perl.
I'm the group leader (a dubious honor, at best).  Hopefully, some of the
others will speak up.

We have face-to-face meetings semi-regularly, at least once a month.  If
you're interested, you're welcome to come.  The meeting announcements are
always posted to the mailing list.

Please feel free to check out our Wiki site, as well, which you can reach
through our main web page: http://tallahassee.pm.org/

The Wiki has a section that lists the books that have been donated to the
group's library.  These can be "checked out" by sending a request for a book
to the mailing list and picking it up at the next meeting.

There's lots of differences between Perl and PHP, sure, but a lot of
similarities, too.  Although, I must admit that I learned Perl first, I
believe it would be very logical to progress from PHP to Perl in the
learning process.  If you run into snags, feel free to ask questions -- or
air your frustrations.

jpt