[Tallahassee-pm] The New Guy

Ryan Carmelo Briones mexnix at craonline.org
Thu Feb 20 00:54:10 CST 2003

Hello Perl Geeks,

My name is Ryan Carmelo Briones. I recently signed up on the wiki and I got
a personal email from James Tillman saying I should join the list as well
and possibily introduce myself.

Well, I live in Madison, FL, which is about 45mins East of Tally. I moved
here from Tampa where I used to work full time for an ISP that specialized
in Content Filtering. I'm the head, and practically only, developer working
on a full-on Content Filtering Proxy server. I use Perl for everything on
it. Well, everything that _I_ wrote :) Since I've been up here in Madison,
the Fall ( I'm a student at North Florida CC ), I've been mostly doing
contract work for the ISP and I have started doing websites with my
girlfriend who is an amazing graphic designer. I've started leaning towards
PHP for most of my web applications, but I do no waver otherwise.

I really hope to be able to make it out to the meeting on, i think, the
27th. I was supposed to going to a concert in Jax, which might be cancelled,
but we'll see. Hopefully one day I'll be able to share the joy that is POE
with the pm group via presentation.

[As an aside, I'm currently entertaining the thought of moving to Tally in
the fall to continue education at TCC. If anybody knows of jobs openings for
Unix/Linux/Perl/Web people, let me know.]

Thanks for listening. Perl on!

Ryan Carmelo Briones
http://www.webxdesign.org
http://www.mexnix.org