[Tallahassee-pm] Meeting time proposal

James Tillman jptillman at comcast.net
Mon Feb 17 18:34:51 CST 2003

Hello all.  Based on the input I've received offline and online from the
few interested members, I think I have enough information to make a
proposal for a time and place for our first PM meeting.

It seems that a Thursday, around 6:30PM at the county library would be a
good time and place.  Considering the current date, I'd like to propose
that we try for the last Thursday of the month, which would put our
first meeting on the 27th of February.

If this is not a good day for everyone who wants to come, please speak
up now.  We can always schedule a different Thursday evening.

I welcome anyone who's interested to offer topics for us to discuss at
our meeting.  You already know about the Safari Demo/Review offer.  That
as well as a few other O'Reilly related items will take only about 15
minutes or so.

I'd like to propose one topic of discussion that we might try first to
get acquainted with each other:  What we've used Perl for (past/present)
and what we love & hate about Perl.

If anyone wants to do a technical presentation, that would be fine,
too.  I figure we can shoot for 1 to 1 1/2 hours of time.

Let me know what you think of all this.  And please plan to come to the
meeting if it's at all possible!

jpt