[Tallahassee-pm] Oops. Forgot some news!

James Tillman jtillman at bigfoot.com
Thu Feb 6 19:01:29 CST 2003

I forgot to mention that I've signed up the Tallahassee PerlMongers with
the O'Reilly User Group Program.  This is a surprisingly cool program
that O'Reilly runs to encourage user groups related to technologies that
it publishes books about.  Perl is one of their main subjects.

So far, I have received 2 FREE books in the mail that we should consider
to be owned by the Tally.pm group:  Computer Science and Perl
Programming, and Embedding Perl in HTML with Mason.  Both of these are
very recent books!  If you're interested in borrowing either book from
the previously non-existent "Tallahassee.pm Library", then please come
to the first meeting and I'll have them on hand.

In addition, O'Reilly is also giving away a free one year's subscription
to their Safari Online Book program for one of our members who signs up
for a trial subscription and writes a review of it (good or bad!) that
we post on our web site.  I propose that we have a drawing at the
meeting to let all interested parties have a fair shot.  If you have a
better idea for a fair shake, let me know.

I figured this news might get you more interested in coming to our first
meeting!!

jpt